Palm Beach County Tourism PSA Award
Marketing is everywhere in today’s content-driven society, influencing everything from how a person spends their time and money, to how they shape their lives. Through the use of Public Service Announcements, organizations and companies work to craft compelling messages to viewers to promote their brand.
Please review all criteria prior to developing your PSA
Open to Florida High School and College Students
Video must be 30 or 60 seconds (TRT) or less
Funds will be awarded to the submitting school
Submitted projects will be judged on the following set of criteria:
Hotels, dining, shopping, world-class sporting events and inspiring cultural attractions make Palm Beach County, Florida’s finest travel experience. Every opportunity to visit America’s First Resort Destination™ serves as a reminder that The Palm Beaches welcome everyone.
Main message should capture the following:
THE GOLDEN AGE OF TRAVEL is back in Palm Beach County. From Jupiter to Boca Raton, genuine hospitality is a way of life with a vibrant blend of people, cultures, and coastal towns that welcomes everyone. With 47 miles of beaches, vast natural areas, a wide variety of culinary options, world-class golf courses and luxurious spas, there’s something appealing for everyone. As America’s First Resort Destination®, The Palm Beaches offers stunning resort and hotel properties with memorable experiences for those seeking a sunny escape.
Points to consider:
- From Jupiter to Boca Raton, enjoy 47 miles of pristine coastline. Find the right beach to match your personality. As the closest spot in North America to the clear Gulf Stream waters, The Palm Beaches attract sea turtles, tropical fish, sailfish, goliath grouper, dolphins, and more. Divers and snorkelers can explore more than 160+ artificial reefs and an abundance of deep-water wrecks.
- Florida’s Golf Capital: The world’s best golfers don’t just play here – they live here. Walk in the footsteps of legends on more than 160 sun-soaked golf courses designed by the greatest architects in the game.
- Inspiring Arts & Culture: The Palm Beaches are Florida’s Cultural Capital®, home to more than 200 art, entertainment and historical venues, from world-class museums and breathtaking outdoor sculpture gardens to premier theaters and performance spaces.
- Nature & Outdoors: The Palm Beaches are known for world-famous hotels, boutiques and golf, but we are also home to stunning natural areas, protected wetlands and dive sites teeming with life.
- Invite viewers to visit ThePalmBeaches.com for more information to plan their trip.
For messaging that packs a punch, keep these points in mind:
Your message should be well-supported and thoroughly researched with no misinformation and include details specific to The Palm Beaches.
Your wording and voice should be thoughtfully formulated and flexible enough to make sense for a broad audience, so you can reach multiple demographics with a single message.
Clear, Concise, and Communicable
Messaging should be short and straight to the point and easy to share across multiple modes of media. It should be unique enough to stand out from the crowd.
To spark interest, your commercial could include a continuing element that viewers can easily remember (i.e. – logo, catchphrase, or a visual theme).
Step 1 - Complete the online application and accept/agree to all terms/conditions including your signature and your student ID.
(Instructors performing multiple submissions may email a list of student names to firstname.lastname@example.org in lieu of student ID's. Please list project titles along with student names.)
Step 2 - Upload your project through FilmFreeway.