The Multimedia Coordinator's primary role is to create multimedia projects for FAU’s northern campuses that creatively market FAU Harbor Branch and FAU Jupiter, which serve as hubs for two of the university’s major research initiatives.
The position is part of FAU’s Division of Public Affairs’ Northern Campuses team led by the Assistant Vice President of Communication for FAU’s Northern Campuses. This position reports directly to the Associate Director of Communication for FAU Northern Campuses and will assist in the development and implementation of branded multimedia content for FAU Harbor Branch, FAU Brain Institute, FAU JLSI, FAU Wilkes Honors College as well as other FAU Northern Campuses areas/projects as needed.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Translate scientific research and academic programming to the public through effective story-telling using appropriately branded printed content, infographics, animated graphics and videos.
- Work in coordination with FAU Public Affairs’ creative services, social media and video services teams.
- Serve as project lead throughout the project lifecycle for a variety of graphic design and video projects. This includes conceptualizing, producing, creating and the revision process.
- Create engaging social media content to promote FAU northern campuses message, news, research, events, etc.
- Monitor, track and interpret social media engagement.
- Create info-graphics to interpret complex scientific research.
- Create short-format video segments for social media and to accompany press releases.
- Research trends, current and emerging technologies and techniques in graphic design, media and social media fields.
- Maintain searchable archive of raw footage and files for video and a database for still photos.
- Independently manage inventory and maintenance of all gear.
- Act as primary point of contact for FAU northern campuses' video and photo coverage. Coordinate video and photo shoot logistics (scheduling, venue clearance, prepping interviewees, etc.).
- Design digital signage for campus announcements with a consistent visual aesthetic within branding guidelines.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism including, but not limited to behavior, attire, and representation of self and the university at all times.
- Master’s degree from an accredited institution in an appropriate area of specialization; or a Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in an appropriate area of specialization and two years of related experience required.
- Must be fluent in Adobe Suite (including Photoshop, InDesign, Premier, After Effects).
- Ability to create branded printed promotional materials and graphics required.
- Exceptional editing skills with the ability to create short-format video segments for social media and to accompany press releases required.
- Must be proficient in motion graphics creation (can be template-based programs).
- Knowledge of video rendering, conversion and compression required.
- Experience with acquiring royalty-free music and familiarity with web intellectual property and copyright law required.
- Ability to work under pressure while delivering quality work in deadline situations required.
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external constituents required.
- Availability to work occasional evenings and weekends required.
- Knowledge of and experience with still photography preferred.
- Experience with copy/script writing and storyboarding preferred.
Salary: $45,000 - $55,000
College or Department: FAU Northern Campuses Communication, Public Affairs
Location: John D. McArthur Campus - Jupiter
Work Days and Hours: Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. with occasional evenings and weekends.
Application Deadline: 2018-09-24-07:00