This position is primarily responsible for supporting the Marketing team for Discover The Palm Beaches (DTPB) in a wide array of ongoing marketing programs, leisure sales initiatives, special projects and departmental administration. The position entails coordinating marketing initiatives, administrative support and special projects to reach and influence customer visitation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides support on key Public Relations, Social Media & Leisure Sales projects as well as other departmental areas as directed.
- Collaborates with PR / Social Media and Leisure Sales staff on planning and execution of fiscal year strategies and tactics.
- Supports day-to-day administrative functions (scheduling, filing, calendars, calls, travel arrangements, expense reports, etc.).
- Supports various meetings including agendas, planning, presentations, execution and follow up.
- Assists the team in developing and maintaining close relationships within the Palm Beach County hospitality sector.
- Supports communication with agencies of record, vendors, international representation firms on specific initiatives
- Assists with departmental budget support / yearly budget development / day-to-day expenditures / in-kind tracking.
- Works with the team to compile data and relevant information for departmental specific reports.
- Processes invoices and purchase orders for the department; adhering to financial guidelines.
- Runs financial reports from the DTPB accounting system as needed.
- Supports CRM database including PR, Leisure Sales updates with vendors, partners as defined
- Attends and participates in DTPB events and other community engagement opportunities.
- Conducts destination research to support PR and Leisure Sales key initiatives
- Supports event planning and execution
- Ensures workflow department documents are kept up-to-date
- Manages promotional resources (promo items) for PR and Leisure Sales
- Possesses the ability to take on new duties as well as supports the marketing department overall as assigned.
- Create and maintain media lists and editorial calendars.
- Conduct media research to support media pitching and key initiatives.
- Supports trademark procedures and contract monitoring, ensuring brand standards are upheld.
- Coordinate and support the itineraries of visiting journalists, from preparation to post follow-up
- Update and draft basic public relations materials such as fact sheets, backgrounders, media briefing documents, social media content, media alerts, calendar announcements, event invitations and advertorials
- Monitors and manages secured press clippings, and delivers monthly report
- Updates and maintains the online press site, media lists and editorial calendars
- Works in collaboration with Leisure Sales team on planning and execution of Destination Reviews, Sales Missions and Tradeshows
- Communicates with Tour Operators, Airlines and Travel Agencies as directed
- Interacts with cross functional teams within DTPB on the planning and execution of key events and shows.
- Provides input on team efficiencies and cost containment on an ongoing basis
- Reviews team communications surrounding hot tips, newsletters, fact sheets, presentations, collateral, webinars, etc.
Learns and Applies Job Skills: Shows the ability to study, learn and apply new skills on the job. Quickly learns basic principles, hotel product knowledge, as well as detailed sets of technical steps, procedures, and uses of technology on the job. Is skilled at retaining what is learned and applies training that is given.
Delivers Technological Expertise: Deepens knowledge through appropriate learning opportunities and shares new information with appropriate internal staff. Uses job expertise to create opportunities, prevent errors and minimize problems for the team.
Decision Making: Bases decisions on facts. Collects, analyzes information, and forms conclusions in a time urgent way. Chooses courses of action that are consistent with known fact, constraints, and risks. Anticipates consequences and prepares alternatives, forms conclusions that lead to specific action.
Customer Focused: Demonstrates an ability and willingness to provide efficient, quality service to the customer, whether an outside customer of the organization or an internal “colleague” or work group. Listens and show sensitivity to customer requests or report of problems, follows through on commitments to find answers, takes responsibility for working with and responding to customer requests and complaints, and seeks feedback on the customer’s satisfaction with results.
Demonstrates Flexibility: Adapts quickly to changing volume of work and responds appropriately and positively to different people, situations, cultures, environments. Is effective when facing unusual or unexpected demands. Manages stress and pressure with grace. Handles change with a positive attitude and willingness to try new approaches.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE
- Enthusiasm for continued learning and professional development
- Education (4-year degree) in business, marketing, advertising, journalism, hospitality or work experience equivalent
- Experience in travel, tourism and hospitality industry a plus
- Familiarization with PR, social media and/or marketing principles
- Strong writing and proofreading skills
- Ability to handle administrative functions in support of PR / Social Media and Leisure Sales for the organization
- Experience in managing or trafficking projects
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, a teamwork mindset and a drive for results
- Team player with a positive cooperative attitude
- Ability to review marketing materials and campaigns to ensure adherence to brand standards
- Comprehensive background in MS Office suite of programs: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Ability to support CRM/database management, email tools
- Great organizational and time management
- Must be able to prioritize and multi-task to complete assignments within predefined time limits
- Multi-lingual skills are a plus
- Self-motivated, self-starter able to work independently
- Must be a quick learner and be able to adapt to a changing environment
- Must have the ability to identify problems and provide reasonable solutions
- Ability to lift boxes (i.e. marketing collateral) in excess of 25 pounds
- Must be able to travel as needed (limited basis)
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
DISCOVER THE PALM BEACHES is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.
Working conditions are normal for an office environment. The position may require periodic weekend and/or evening work and some business travel. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.