Helpful Links Related to Coronavirus
GBAC Accreditation for Sanitizing Facilities
For production studios, soundstages, recording studios and other industry-support facilities-
The Global Biorisk Advisory Council’s (GBAC) STARTM Accreditation is the cleaning industry’s only outbreak prevention, response and recovery accreditation for facilities. This performance-based accreditation program offers third-party validation to help facilities demonstrate they have the work practices, procedures and protocols to prepare, respond and recover from outbreaks and pandemics to instill confidence in customers, staff and key stakeholders. Click here to see more.
Palm Beach County Cultural Council Artist Relief Fund
Many Palm Beach County creative professionals make their income through gigs and freelance. COVID-19 has greatly impacted their work. Help the Cultural Council support local creative professionals when they need it most by visiting the Facebook Fundraising page or donating through the Cultural Council’s website. Donations please indicate “Artist Relief Fund” in the gift designation field. If you are an artist in need, applications open April 6.
Palm Beach County Mortgage/Rental/Utility Assistance Program
If you have lost income due to COVID (unemployment, reduced hours) and cannot make your rent or mortgage payments, the Palm Beach County Mortgage/Rental/Utility Assistance Program is available to help you get through this difficult time.
- Petition to ask Congress to include displaced entertainment workers in relief package.
- Program to provide dues relief for SAG-AFTRA members during the CoVID-19 global pandemic.
National Economic Resources
- Across America, various cities are offering financial aid to specifically help small businesses. Freelancers can access this information and see if they qualify through their city’s Small Business Administration office.
- The Paycheck Protection Program is for businesses, nonprofits, Tribal businesses, and veteran’s organizations with 500 employees or less as eligible for federally insured, partially forgivable loans that can be used to cover short-term operating expenses during an economic crisis.
- The Federal Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA) program provides unemployment benefits to those that may not otherwise be eligible under Florida’s state Reemployment Assistance program, including independent contractors and individuals who are self-employed. Unemployed Floridians who have not yet completed an application for any benefit can apply here to be considered for all existing programs, including PUA.