Helpful Links Related to Coronavirus
Many Palm Beach County creative professionals make their income through gigs and freelance. COVID-19 has greatly impacted their work. Help the Cultural Council support local creative professionals when they need it most by visiting the Facebook Fundraising page or donating through the Cultural Council’s website. Donations please indicate “Artist Relief Fund” in the gift designation field. If you are an artist in need, applications open April 6.
Includes updates to permitting policies and location closures from Film Commissions across the state.
National Economic Resources
- At this critical time in the fight against the coronavirus, the U.S. government announced that affected companies will be given an additional $50 billion in low-interest loans. In addition, the Treasury Department is deferring tax payments without interest or penalties for certain individuals and businesses negatively impacted. Those who are self-employed get paid sick leave in the form of a tax credit.
- Across America, various cities are offering financial aid to specifically help small businesses. Freelancers can access this information and see if they qualify through their city’s Small Business Administration office.
- The Paycheck Protection Program is for businesses, nonprofits, Tribal businesses, and veteran’s organizations with 500 employees or less as eligible for federally insured, partially forgivable loans that can be used to cover short-term operating expenses during an economic crisis.
- Petition to ask Congress to include displaced entertainment workers in relief package
- Program to provide dues relief for SAG-AFTRA members during the CoVID-19 global pandemic.