Helpful Links Related to Coronavirus
Film Florida Coronavirus Resources
Many Palm Beach County creative professionals make their income through gigs and freelance. COVID-19 has greatly impacted their work. Help the Cultural Council support local creative professionals when they need it most by visiting the Facebook Fundraising page or donating through the Cultural Council’s website. Donations please indicate “Artist Relief Fund” in the gift designation field. If you are an artist in need, applications open April 6.
- Petition to ask Congress to include displaced entertainment workers in relief package.
- Program to provide dues relief for SAG-AFTRA members during the CoVID-19 global pandemic.
National Economic Resources
- Click Here for information on who to contact by County.
- At this critical time in the fight against the coronavirus, the U.S. government announced that affected companies will be given an additional $50 billion in low-interest loans. In addition, the Treasury Department is deferring tax payments without interest or penalties for certain individuals and businesses negatively impacted. Those who are self-employed get paid sick leave in the form of a tax credit.
- Across America, various cities are offering financial aid to specifically help small businesses. Freelancers can access this information and see if they qualify through their city’s Small Business Administration office.
- The Paycheck Protection Program is for businesses, nonprofits, Tribal businesses, and veteran’s organizations with 500 employees or less as eligible for federally insured, partially forgivable loans that can be used to cover short-term operating expenses during an economic crisis.
- The Federal Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA) program provides unemployment benefits to those that may not otherwise be eligible under Florida’s state Reemployment Assistance program, including independent contractors and individuals who are self-employed. Unemployed Floridians who have not yet completed an application for any benefit can apply here and will be considered for all existing programs, including PUA.